Lou Holtz – Without a Dream, Nothing Comes TrueBy
Lou Holtz is a retired winning football coach who was elected to the College Football of Fame in 2008. He is a gifted motivational speaker. The following are excerpts from a speech he gave at a Get Motivation seminar.
We have talked about goal setting in this blog before.
Mr. Holtz advises people to take it one step further and write down a goal or dream in five categories.
He went on to explain that he EVERYTHING he had written down, he has now been able to check off his list. Can you say the same?
Mr. Holtz recommends four steps to achieving success in sales:
- Attitude – Your attitude, your choice. You have to have fun and enthusiasm. If you aren’t, how can you impart those to your customers or distributors.
- Passion to Win – Can you live with failures?
- Your passion to win must include the willingness to make sacrifices
- You must get rid of all excuses of why you can’t do this.
- Focus on your purpose
- Help customers to get what they want.
- Keep it simple
- Believe that you are doing that person a favor by bringing them the information on your product or service.
- Have meaningful relationships – Lift people up. This ability depends on your own level of self confidence.
- Do the right thing – generates trust
- Do it to the best of your ability
- Show people that you care
If you should ever have the opportunity to hear Lou Holtz speak, we highly recommend it. He has words of wisdom for everyone. He is very witty and entertaining and illustrates his points with stories from his own career and life. Everyone should have a Lou Holtz in their corner.
I want to part with this last quote “Happiness is nothing more than a poor memory.” Made me laugh, I hope it does you also.
As always, wishing you an abundance of all things good.